Installing Sendy on Amazon EC2: A Quick Guide
Sendy is a cost-effective email marketing tool that works perfectly with Amazon Simple Email Service (SES). Here's how you can install Sendy on Amazon EC2.
- Setup Amazon EC2 Instance: First, you need an Amazon EC2 instance. Login to AWS, select EC2, and create a new instance. Choose a Linux-based server like Amazon Linux 2 AMI.
- Install LAMP Stack: Sendy requires a web server, PHP, and MySQL to run. Install a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack on your EC2 instance.
- Setup Amazon RDS: Sendy needs a MySQL database. Use Amazon RDS to create one. Note the host address, database name, username, and password.
- Install Sendy: Download Sendy from the official site and extract it in the web server's root directory.
- Configure Sendy: Open
config.php in Sendy directory. Enter database details (from step 3) and your AWS SES details.
- Complete Setup: Open Sendy in your web browser by entering your EC2's public IP address followed by
/sendy. Follow the instructions to finish the installation.
- Ensure your EC2 security group allows HTTP and HTTPS traffic.
- Use Amazon SES responsibly to avoid service suspension.
This guide provides a quick overview. Each step has intricacies requiring careful attention. Please consult detailed guides or expert help if needed. Happy emailing!