Configuring Sendy SMTP Settings: A Step-by-Step Guide
Sendy relies on SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) for email dispatch. For seamless functionality, you must correctly configure your SMTP settings. Here's a quick guide:
- Access Sendy Settings: Login to your Sendy installation, click on the 'Settings' tab located in the top menu.
- Enter SMTP Details: Under 'SMTP settings', input the necessary details. If you're using Amazon SES, the SMTP server will be something like
email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com, with the port being
- Enter SMTP Credentials: The 'Username' and 'Password' fields require your SMTP credentials, which differ from your AWS account login. If you're using Amazon SES, you can create these in the 'SMTP Settings' of the SES dashboard.
- Use TLS Encryption: For 'Encryption type', select 'TLS'. This encryption ensures secure email transmission.
- Save Changes: Once you input all the details, click 'Save settings' at the bottom of the page.
These settings allow Sendy to send emails through the specified SMTP server. If you change your SMTP server or credentials, remember to update them here. Incorrect settings can lead to failed email dispatch.
As with every technical task, this process can seem daunting. Make sure to refer to detailed guides or seek professional help if needed. Happy emailing with Sendy!